PDA

View Full Version : Is there a shortcut key to select pick tool?

scowsert
2010-10-12, 09:57 PM
For example I can type in DL for detail line and by default it drops me into the picked points option. I'd really like the select an existing line option (green line with pick box on it). I'm ok with typing in DL then PL (pick line) or something. I'm just not sure if I can keyboard the last selection.

Steve_Stafford
2010-10-12, 11:56 PM
Sorry...no.

d.stairmand
2010-10-13, 02:56 AM
Hmm.. We have that specific Shortcut!
We have "PL" short cut for "Pick Line"
Works a treat for doing Detail lines

Steve_Stafford
2010-10-13, 03:11 AM
oops forgot they added that... :sad:

ws
2010-10-13, 08:41 AM
Ooh, that's handy thanks :)

Would you know how to similarly enable the rectangle option in lines - I can make it work for creating walls but not lines which seems strange.

BTW I notice that if you put such as DLPL into a macro as in my X-keys pad it doesn't work - I guess Revit needs a pause or something in between - or perhaps Revit only likes 2 key shortcuts?

Gadget Man
2010-10-14, 06:36 AM
Ooh, that's handy thanks :)

Would you know how to similarly enable the rectangle option in lines - I can make it work for creating walls but not lines which seems strange.

BTW I notice that if you put such as DLPL into a macro as in my X-keys pad it doesn't work - I guess Revit needs a pause or something in between - or perhaps Revit only likes 2 key shortcuts?

Revit is not limited to 2 letters in the shortcuts - I use several with 3 letters (FBX, DWF, DWG, CAD, CAM, etc.), however, I'm almost certain that the shortcuts execute just one command at the time.

But try to use AutoHotKey (http://www.autohotkey.com/). This is BRILLIANT little utility that allows you to setup any key combination for virtually anything...

ws
2010-10-14, 07:44 AM
thanks Jerry,

I din't know that Revit could use more than 2 letters.

I'm already running the X-keys MacroWorks II software.