PDA

View Full Version : Copy Parameters

Doug
2010-10-13, 05:43 PM
Hi

Is there an eazy way to copy Parameters from on Family to another?:?:

wmullett
2010-10-13, 05:47 PM
I think the only method of doing that is to start a new family by using the other family as your "template". Otherwise, you create the parameter and you can copy/paste formulas using ctrl/c - ctrl-v

Doug
2010-10-13, 05:51 PM
We have a bunch of old families e.g. Cabinets that we now add about 5 parameters to all the new families. Is there an eazy way of adding them to the old files?

wmullett
2010-10-13, 06:18 PM
You could try this. Take a fully loaded family, delete it's model and line elements, open one of your old families, set it to shared, load it into your new empty family and place it - now link all appropriate parametric parameters.

Be careful here, you can get double counting in schedules but you could filter those.

twiceroadsfool
2010-10-13, 07:19 PM
Just take a family that has the parameters in it, delete the geometry, and save it. Change the extension from .rfa to .rft, then use that to make your new families.

Doug
2010-10-13, 07:50 PM
I did create new Family Templates for all our new stuff a while ago. I was hoping that there was an eazy way of adding them to the old families. Pain to open each one and add them one at a time