PDA

View Full Version : TAGGING WINDOWS REVIT

Polari
2010-10-14, 10:40 AM
Hello everybody,

I have problems with the tagging feature for windows in Revit Architecture 2011.. no problem with doors that by default every time I am locating a new door it comes with its respective mark number from 1, 2, 3,4 and so on but with windows this does not happen and I've already checked in the browser and it has an ascending order in the mark for the windows in there but when I locate the window in the walls it always comes up with the same number( in this case 22)as a mark for every window I locate... Can somebody please tell me how to fix this problem about tagging windows

Thank you so much for your help

arqt49
2010-10-14, 10:46 AM
Is it a Mark versus Type Mark confusion?
Have you checked it in a schedule and in the window tag family?

rudolfweyers346383
2010-10-14, 10:46 AM
Its calling up the "type mark" for the window. Create a new tag that will call up the "Identity Data Mark" for the window.

Type mark is unique the the type of window, the other is a intance parameter

Scott Womack
2010-10-14, 10:48 AM
The OOTB tag for Windows is reading the Type Mark for windows, not the Mark (instance) like the door tags do. You'll have to open the Window Tag Family, and chage the label to read the MArk, not the Type Mark.

I don't remeber if Windows automatically increment the mark like doors do.

Polari
2010-10-14, 11:07 AM
The OOTB tag for Windows is reading the Type Mark for windows, not the Mark (instance) like the door tags do. You'll have to open the Window Tag Family, and chage the label to read the MArk, not the Type Mark.

I don't remeber if Windows automatically increment the mark like doors do.

Thanks for your message, But where Can I open the window tag family to make it read the mark?

Thanks again for your help

mthurnauer
2010-10-14, 01:52 PM
Find the window tage in the project browser under Families>Annotations. Right-click on it and pick edit family. When the family is open, right-click on the text in the tag and Edit Label. You will then see the one label listed on the right. Pick it and then click on the arrow pointing to the left. This will remove the current label. Now scroll through the list of available parameters in the list on the left and when you find Mark, click the arrow pointing to the right. This will insert the parameter. You can edit the default example text if you like. Reload the family back into your project. If you want to save this family with the change, do so, or you may want to rename it as Window Mark Tag or something.