PDA

View Full Version : Span direction symbol

ctc
2010-10-14, 11:10 PM
Okay, I give up... how do you use the span direction symbol?

I have a floor whose type is set to structural, I click on the span direction symbol on the toolbar then move my cursor over the floor and click, but nothing seems to happen. The visibility of all structural annotations is set to on.

aretap
2010-10-14, 11:43 PM
Are you in the edit mode of the structural floor? If so when clicking the Span Direction tool it activates the cursor so that what ever line side of the floor you select because the one that is now dictating Span Direction and it will have a double line show up one line on each side of the line edge of the floor.

ctc
2010-10-15, 01:39 PM
Are you in the edit mode of the structural floor? If so when clicking the Span Direction tool it activates the cursor so that what ever line side of the floor you select because the one that is now dictating Span Direction and it will have a double line show up one line on each side of the line edge of the floor.

Thank you for your reply, however let's chalk this misunderstanding up to Autodesks duplicative labeling of its tools. I'm inquiring about the span direction symbol, which I presume places a graphic symbol on the floor. I am not referring to the span direction tool which is used during the creation of a floor to indicate the span direction.

mholzer
2010-10-15, 01:47 PM
Are you clicking on the perimeter of the floor? If I click somewhere inside the perimeter of the floor the span symbol does not appear. However If I click on the perimeter of the floor the symbol appears.

ctc
2010-10-15, 02:23 PM
Are you clicking on the perimeter of the floor? If I click somewhere inside the perimeter of the floor the span symbol does not appear. However If I click on the perimeter of the floor the symbol appears.

Ah ha, now I see the problem, the floor in question is 13 inches above the level that I am viewing. Is there a way to get the span symbol to show up in this view?

Munkholm
2010-10-15, 08:26 PM
If the floor is visible ? So should the Span Direction Symbol be... Have you double checked the View Range > Cut plane of the view ?