PDA

View Full Version : Curtain Walling

cooke-k1
2010-10-15, 08:39 AM
I am seeking help with a curtain walling problem, I need to tidy up the corner's but dont know how to, can someone help?

I am only new to revit and still trying to get the hang of everything

Many Thanks

Dave Jones
2010-10-15, 02:25 PM
I am seeking help with a curtain walling problem, I need to tidy up the corner's but dont know how to, can someone help?

I am only new to revit and still trying to get the hang of everything

Many Thanks

what kind of curtain wall? What kind of corners? What's your definition of "tidying up"?

ws
2010-10-15, 02:28 PM
I think you need to post an illustration or provide a bit more information to get a useful answer.

Corner problems for me usually means finding the right mullion, or sometimes right click the blue dot which appears at each end of a selected curtain, or any, wall and click 'Disallow Join' which will then allow you to move the ends either side of the corner independently.

You can also use the Tab key to select the actual panel and edit its properties - by default it is offset rather than on the centre line for example.

dzatto
2010-10-15, 02:37 PM
Here's how I do it.

First, create a new wall type that is the same thickness as your curtain wall panel. Give it the same material. You are basically creating a piece of glass.

Select one of your panels. It's easier to do this before you add a bunch of mullions. You can still do it, but you have to do it several times instead of just a few.

Anyway, select the panel and go to the type selector and choose your new glass wall. FYI, you can select any panel in a curtain wall and change it to any wall you want.

Once you do this to both walls at the corner, you will probably need to go to the properties of that panel and change the offset so it will line up with the curtain wall panels. It's usually half the width of the curtain wall panel. Once you do this, then you can perform a trim and they will clean up like regular walls to.

You may also need to change the line weight to the same line weight as the curtain wall panels. I think curtian walls and walls have different line weights by default.

You can add mullions still if you need to.

That's how I do it. I'm sure there are other ways.