PDA

View Full Version : How to stop revit hatching wall cavity

kimheaver
2010-10-18, 03:49 AM
I want my drawings to show cut walls as solid black with cavity on the floorplan and brickwork hatched on the sections.
The wall style has the cut pattern as solid black and in the section view I override the wall cut pattern and set to brickwork.
The annoying thing is that revit then hatches the wall cavity, I normally then use a masking region over the cavity to hide it.

I thought its time to ask the question, is there a way to have a different fill pattern for walls in a floorplan and section, I don't want to use coarse view as I still want the cavity shown.

Regards,
Kim Heaver

rudolfweyers346383
2010-10-18, 07:31 AM
If you are overriding the cut pattern in the view graphics, it going to over ride the whole wall with one hatch pattern (Brickwork/Cavity/Brickwork). So unfortunalty you cant have a different hatch pattern in plan and section when it comes to cavity walls as far as I know

STHRevit
2010-10-19, 05:04 AM
You can have a separate hatch fill in coarse detail level for your walls in plan.
Set the plan detail level to coarse and in the properties set the "Coarse Scale Fill Pattern" to a solid fill and viola.
The section or details will probably be set to medium or fin, so they will show the hatch pattern in the material itself.
Of course, if you have elements that have visibility set to not show in coarse, then they won't show in plan view....something to think about.

Craig_L
2010-10-19, 05:10 AM
Is your wall a multi-layered wall?
What I mean by that, is are all of those sub-elements combined into one wall element?
If this is the case, you need to edit the type, and click on "edit" structure.
Once you are in there, find your void sub-element and adjust it to have no hatching.