PDA

View Full Version : Metric and Imperial Custom Templates. Best way to implement?

bowlingm
2010-10-18, 04:11 PM
I need to develop custom templates for both metric and imperial projects. Would it work to create one and then modify it for the other? I would assume that if you want 1/8" text in a titleblock, you still want it to be 1/8" tall even if it were a metric project. What has worked for this group? Thanks

jaberwok
2010-10-18, 08:35 PM
I need to develop custom templates for both metric and imperial projects. Would it work to create one and then modify it for the other? I would assume that if you want 1/8" text in a titleblock, you still want it to be 1/8" tall even if it were a metric project. What has worked for this group? Thanks

Do you intend to follow international (ISO) metric standards?
e.g. body text = 3.5 (maybe 3) millimetres.

bowlingm
2010-10-19, 01:18 PM
possibly. This is for US Government work, so it is whatever the GSA asks for.

tabest
2011-03-23, 07:23 PM
not 100% sure, but I'd initially set up my first template, doesn't matter whether metric or imperial, then I'd create a new template file as which ever type I didn't do to begin with, then I'd transfer project standards, then address my units. What has me worried for you, is having to duplicate your content library...

Good luck, and please let us know what you find

cdatechguy
2011-03-23, 07:45 PM
We have two different templates....actually three....one imperial, one metric and hybrid of the both for GSA projects...as GSA has some special parameters/data they like to have their models...