PDA

View Full Version : A new record but nothing to brag about

douggodfrey
2010-10-19, 01:11 PM
Not sure what I did but this is ridiculous for a residential project. 97 errors, are you kidding me.

Dave Jones
2010-10-19, 01:59 PM
Not sure what I did but this is ridiculous for a residential project. 97 errors, are you kidding me.

are you just venting...or is there a question in there somewhere?

vgonzales
2010-10-19, 02:12 PM

What action are you trying to do? If the action has a cascading effect on other elements, then this is normal for Revit. Moving a level for example has a lot of implications and possibly will more often than not generate errors as shown. Revit elements depends or are associated automatically with other existing elements. A ceiling outline is tied to the walls it bounds. Move a wall to a new location where the ceiling cannot be created. It will generate an error in Revit.

Tip: If you are getting errors when moving an object in Revit, copy the object instead and delete the original or select the "disjoin" option in the options bar.

Sometimes, the associative modeling nature of Revit drives me crazy. I wish I could turn it off.

twiceroadsfool
2010-10-19, 02:28 PM
If you think associations in revit are bad, try Digital Project. The first model i did with a project team in it, someone changed the roof slope. It took 7 hours to get the gutters back on. LOL.

Looking at the image, i see a Level Highlighted, and its either getting dragged, moved, or copied. Yeah, thats going to cause a few issues...

DaveP
2010-10-19, 04:43 PM
Tip: If you are getting errors when moving an object in Revit, copy the object instead and delete the original or select the "disjoin" option in the options bar.

Whenever I teach a Revit class, I always tell people to Delete an object only as a last resort. More often than not, there is other information attached to that object, and you're going to lose it when you Delete. Think of a Room with all the Finishes, or a Door with the Hardware group and Finish associated.

"Disjoin" is a MUCH better option.

wmullett
2010-10-19, 04:44 PM
Have you got press and Drag turned on? Lower right corner of your screen.