PDA

View Full Version : Legends

jjfudo
2004-12-28, 04:06 PM
I have seen a large amount of chatter about legends. I am having a hard time seeing their value if the following are true. Someone pleas show me how this works or where I have gone wrong.

1. I can't figure out a way to graphically display different phases for objects within the legends

2. is there a way to get the info for the objects to automatically fill in like for the type of wall or the door type??

thanks

Jill

christopher.zoog51272
2004-12-28, 05:49 PM
Sorry Jill,

You can't do either, nor can you dimension objects in them. When they released ledgends the factory mentioned that thier limitations were known. And their wasn't enough time to implement everything they wanted to put in, however they felt thier was enough value their to include them in r 7.0. These things might be addressed by 7.1
-z

jkrager
2005-12-19, 07:17 PM
Anybody know what the status of these questions are now in version 8.0? Also, what implications might there be for putting legends on a titleblock sheet? Can I get the information to update automatically to the project? Perhaps with an IF formula or something?

dhurtubise
2005-12-19, 07:31 PM
Sorry Jill,

You can't do either, nor can you dimension objects in them. When they released ledgends the factory mentioned that thier limitations were known. And their wasn't enough time to implement everything they wanted to put in, however they felt thier was enough value their to include them in r 7.0. These things might be addressed by 7.1
-z

Just a little note about dimensionning in legend, you can but only ref plane (or maybe ref line) that are within the family.
Am i wrong ?