PDA

View Full Version : instance parameter default

UpNorth
2010-10-20, 04:10 PM
I know this is how Revit is designed to work, but I am wondering if anyone has found a way to "reset" and use the default value entered in a family for an instance parameter.

The steps below reveal the issue I am talking about:

New project:

· Load a window and place it – default sill is correct per family value

· Select the window and change sill height

· Place another instance of that same window – it still uses the default height form the family

· Load another window family and place it – still using the default height from the family

· Now, select the window tool and try changing the sill height while in the window command and then place a window

· Now, all future window additions use the revised sill height (even for new window families loaded after this)

This change sticks in the file. Even after it is closed and re-opened. Another good example is when you change the base offset for a wall, to add a bulkhead, and then the next day you go to add a wall in plan which cannot bee seen because the base offset is still set for yesterdays bulkhead.

So, the question is: how do we get Revit to reset back to using the default value rather than an “override” value? I assume we don't, but just checking.

darryl_PRP
2010-10-20, 04:16 PM
Hmmm, I noticed this recently whilst building a new template file.

I have doors with swing parameters and I wanted them in the template at a set angle different from the family parameter(instance). What I found was that when I changed the value whilst in the door command, it stuck for all the following instances of the family. As soon as I changed to another door family, using the same process, and then went back to inserting the original family, the parameter had reset to the value in the family.

I don't know if this behavour occurs with any other objects, just adding my 2p...or c.

jimmykingy479855
2013-04-24, 10:50 AM
Was this issue resolved. we're now experiencing the same one but can't get the instance parameter to reset to it's default once manually changed for each family catagory.

Any help much appreciated.