PDA

View Full Version : Imported .dwgs not shading and not in 3D

rsloyer
2010-10-21, 07:26 PM
I have models from various subcontractors that I have imported into a Revit model I got from the design team. The mechanical piping and fire protection models come in fully in 3D, render and shade, show correctly in hidden line mode, etc. The ductwork model comes in fully in 3D but remains wireframe regardless of the Revit settings. The electrical model comes in with switchgear and lights fully in 3D and both will render and shade, but for some reason the conduits in the same model come in "flat" and remain in wireframe regardless of the Revit settings.

Any idea how to get these to show up correctly? I need to produce an overlay coordinated drawing to submit to the owner and architect and it just looks like a giant mess without these corrections.

cliff collins
2010-10-21, 07:49 PM
Try opening the AutoCad files themselves and check if ProxyGraphics can be set to 1 or 0
and then try reloading into Revit.

cheers

rsloyer
2010-10-21, 08:04 PM
changed proxygraphics on the ductwork from 1 to 0 and now it doesn't show at all.

cliff collins
2010-10-21, 08:08 PM
Is there some odd ArxObject content in any of the Cad files? ( or "proprietary" objects
which need an Object Enabler to display? )

Sorry that ProxyGraphics made it worse!

Check overrides in Imported Categories once inside Revit as well.

Also check your Hardware Accelleration in Revit>Options>Graphics and see if disabling Direct 3D makes any difference?

Are the Cad models Solids or Meshs?
just some more ideas......LOL

cheers......

rsloyer
2010-10-21, 08:24 PM
They might be meshes as I think they come from progams like cadduct or cadpipe. Any way to convert?

rsloyer
2010-10-21, 08:42 PM
Also, for some reason the same conduits that show up in Revit as flat 2D objects show up in the nwc file from the sub as 3D conduits in Navisworks.