PDA

View Full Version : Existing Phase wall not showing lines of wall components

billy007nh
2010-10-22, 01:50 AM
I have a Brick 3 5/8" then 3/4" Air Gap and then 7 5/8" CMU wall and when the wall was in the NEW Phase I got all the lines for each component so like 4 lines total. I switch it to the Existing Phase I only get 2 line? I do like the grey tone of the lines but I need to see all 4 lines in a plan view. I can't seem to find which Phase override to change to get what I want any help would be great!

Billy

aggockel50321
2010-10-22, 11:48 AM
I think you'll have to do a graphic override by element.

Try this:

Set your view phase filter to "show previous" so that only the existing phase elements show.

Select them all, right click, and select "override graphics by element", and check the halftone box.

Then change your view phase filter to "show complete". All the existing elements will show halftone.

Note that this change is view specific.

billy007nh
2010-10-22, 12:28 PM
Right now my walls looks like they are in Coarse detail level when in the existing phase. I need them in existing Phase to read like normal with a line for each component in the wall type. So if I have Brick - Air - CMU I should see 4 lines in plan not 2 as I see now.

aggockel50321
2010-10-22, 02:50 PM
If you follow the above steps, you'll get that effect, with the existing walls showing as halftone.

billy007nh
2010-10-22, 03:22 PM
I have a 250,000 sq. ft. plus High School and Middle School project that is 380mb not counting the consultants revit files. I do not want a work around.... I want to be able to control the Existing Phase Walls to display the way our firm wants so I can call all the other consultants and explain the process so there plans will look correct.

cj_follmer
2010-10-22, 03:46 PM
Go to the Phasing dialog (in 2011 its under the Manage Tab).

Go to the Graphic Overrides tab.

Change the Existing phase Cut Lines to black and any other settings there. This will affect the views globally.

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/CJFOLL%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png

cliff collins
2010-10-22, 03:53 PM
Try this Filter method. Note that is does not use Phasing--which I realise is not ideal.
But the Filter method will give you the graphic representation you are after.

1. Duplicate you Brick/CMU wall type, and name it Brick-CMU-Existing.
2. Under its Description, call it Existing Walls
3. In a plan view, type VG and select Filters
4. Create a new Filter, and call it Existing Walls-Grey
5. Check Halftone under graphics
6. Under Filter Rules, select By Description
7. Apply the Existing Walls-Grey filter to your view

Now your Brick-CMU walls in New Construction Phase are Black,
and show all the layers in Medium or Fine Detail Level.

The Existing Brick-CMU walls are grey/halftone, and show all the layers in Medium or Fine Detail Level.

See attached image.

cheers

billy007nh
2010-10-22, 04:45 PM
Here is a image of a New Construction Phase wall vs. Existing Phase wall. I need the Existing Phase wall to have ALL the lines in the wall.

Hope that helps get my issue across better than my words....lol

Thanks

billy007nh
2010-10-22, 04:47 PM
Try this Filter method. Note that is does not use Phasing--which I realise is not ideal.
But the Filter method will give you the graphic representation you are after.

1. Duplicate you Brick/CMU wall type, and name it Brick-CMU-Existing.
2. Under its Description, call it Existing Walls
3. In a plan view, type VG and select Filters
4. Create a new Filter, and call it Existing Walls-Grey
5. Check Halftone under graphics
6. Under Filter Rules, select By Description
7. Apply the Existing Walls-Grey filter to your view

Now your Brick-CMU walls in New Construction Phase are Black,
and show all the layers in Medium or Fine Detail Level.

The Existing Brick-CMU walls are grey/halftone, and show all the layers in Medium or Fine Detail Level.

See attached image.

cheers

I will have to try this after lunch.....looks interesting.

muttlieb
2010-10-22, 05:07 PM
See if this gets what you want using Phasing and Phase Overrides. For your Existing Graphic Override, set the Cut Lines and Patterns to grey, and clear the Phase - Exist material. See attached images.

billy007nh
2010-10-22, 05:30 PM
See if this gets what you want using Phasing and Phase Overrides. For your Existing Graphic Override, set the Cut Lines and Patterns to grey, and clear the Phase - Exist material. See attached images.

You are a winner! I've been told we will send you a cookie for the right answer.....lol

Thank you a ton really.

Billy

aggockel50321
2010-10-22, 05:32 PM
Good one. Learn something new every day on this forum.

muttlieb
2010-10-22, 05:46 PM
You are a winner! I've been told we will send you a cookie for the right answer.....lol

Thank you a ton really.

Billy
I prefer chocolate chip, no nuts please :-)

Glad I could help.

cliff collins
2010-10-22, 05:57 PM
nice tip--did not know you could "clear" the material to none...........

cheers

RolyNZ
2013-03-18, 09:12 AM
I have just found this gem of a tip. Thanks.

ynnat2001
2014-02-21, 07:03 PM
Awesome! Thank you very mych! Why didn't Revit include these in their Index?

jessem
2024-06-12, 04:05 PM
I am having issues with the newer version of Revit 2024 not showing the lines within an existing wall as shown above. The only way that i found so far is to turn off the phase override for existing and then manually click on each existing wall in each view to make them half tone.