PDA

View Full Version : Can you access Autodesks DwgViewer with VBA?

MZerby
2004-12-28, 07:23 PM
Can Autodesks DwgViewer be access using VBA? If it can, can it be opened to a specified .dwg file?

Ed Jobe
2004-12-28, 08:38 PM
Which viewer are you talking about? The free viewers can only use dwf and yes you can specify filename, initial view, etc. Check out this link (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=2418019).

MZerby
2004-12-29, 02:52 PM
I was refering to the DwgViewer that comes with the full version of Composer. I'll search the link you gave me and see what I can come up with though.

mtuersley
2005-01-06, 05:47 AM
What DWGViewer??? It's an LT version of LT! An 800MB install file does not constitute a viewer in my book. -- okay that rant was targeted to Adesk, not you :)

I haven't been able to find a way but I honestly didn't look very hard. Since this is not a control, or an add-on in the generally accepted concept, you're better off either:

1. biting the dwf bullet and use them
2. resort to full acad w/ vb/vba/vb.net/c#
3. resort to LT w/ dde
4. use a 3rd party viewer - dwgviewer CANNOT be distributed so you'll need to purchase Composer for each seat you distribute this too anyways
5. join OpenDwg or whatever name it goes by now and use their libraries to create your own viewer.