PDA

View Full Version : Interesing stuff from Revit-Content.com

info.266905
2010-10-25, 04:28 PM
Hello everybody,

Just have found this site - http://www.revit-content.com/index.htm
They promise the ability to create any family object (door, window, etc.) with just 1 corresponding family.

Anybody worked with it?
Would be nice to have your comments.

Thanks!

cliff collins
2010-10-25, 04:34 PM
see this:

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=124851&highlight=revit+content.com

cheers

Scott D Davis
2010-10-25, 07:34 PM
I have been grated access by the Revit-Content guys to download all of their families for review and use. I have downloaded them and started to test some things out.

First impressions: they are LOADED with parameters, which is to be expected. We are talking 100's of parameters. But they are organized well, and its fairly clear which ones are the "user" parameters that need to be changed. Type Catalogs take care of most of the Types for us.

They are pretty heavy, and take time to load. Usable for sure, but a bit heavy.

Some of the modeling might be a bit too much. For instance, on a double door, there is an 1/8" gap between the door panels as there would be in real life. This causes a darker line to appear in elevations/sections because two lines are so close together. So correct "real life" modeling, but "muddier" elevations due to line closeness.

More to come as I dive deeper

Alex Page
2011-06-15, 12:03 AM
..For instance, on a double door, there is an 1/8" gap between the door panels as there would be in real life. This causes a darker line to appear in elevations/sections because two lines are so close together. So correct "real life" modeling, but "muddier" elevations due to line closeness.

I model my doors with this gap as well, since if you dont when you render there is no "line" between the door panels and it looks real odd!

patricks
2011-06-15, 01:13 AM
I model my doors with this gap as well, since if you dont when you render there is no "line" between the door panels and it looks real odd!

haha in 7 years of using Revit I have never noticed that there is no line between door panel and frame in rendered views. Guess our renderings never show doors close enough for it to matter.

You could always make the door panel not display in elevations and leave the frame to make the line.