PDA

View Full Version : Timeliner task start date selection

gdb
2010-10-25, 08:10 PM
As I am selecting a start date for a task in Timeliner every time I select a new year or month the selector reverts back out of the selection drop down. I had the same problem in 2010 and realized if anything in the model was selected this problem would occur. If nothing was selected I was able to scroll through the date selection seamlessly. In 2011 I can't figure out what is causing this malfunction. Nothing is selected and the start date selection drop down is not working correctly. Any ideas?

payre
2010-11-05, 08:54 PM
I've never experienced this I so tried opening a new file (a dwg model) and added an activity, then I used the drop down box and it closed as you described, but only the first time I tried to changed the date on each activity, the second and subsequent times it stayed open.

The only difference between this new file and most others I use is that it didn't already contain a linked programme before I tried to add an activity, so I linked a csv file as I do on most projects, tried adding an activity and changing date and same thing happens, the calendar drop down closes first time.

Lastly I tried opening a completely new file (dwg again), but before adding an activity in navis (2011 btw) I linked the csv file. When I add activities in navis after this (after first linking the csv) the calendar drop down stays open all the time.

There are one or two quirks in using csv files, but once you get used to them they're a lot easier than using the navis interface for new activities.