PDA

View Full Version : Wall wrap at inserts

pat.walsh
2010-10-25, 08:54 PM
I have tried all wrap combinations for my exterior compound wall at a curtainwall insert but none allow the brick veneer or sweep to wrap. What am I doing wrong?

cliff collins
2010-10-25, 09:22 PM
It appears that the wall wrap will not work at "inserts" of a curtainwall.

Try placing a window in the wall, and notice that the wraps work as expected.

I'll dig into this a bit further and see what I can find out.

cheers

tarch
2010-10-26, 11:36 AM
I have tried all wrap combinations for my exterior compound wall at a curtainwall insert but none allow the brick veneer or sweep to wrap. What am I doing wrong?

From the attached images it seems that the curtain wall is inserted into thinner sill wall, not thicker exterior, thus not cutting it.

pat.walsh
2010-10-26, 04:23 PM
The sill wall is actually part of the curtainwall, i.e. the lower panel of the curtainwall is a sill wall.

arch_kashif
2011-04-15, 04:45 PM
Yes wall wrap does not work for curtain wall insert within any type of basic wall element.
The good workaround is to place the curtain wall and then put a wall opening near the jamb/end of curtain wall in plan. The wall wrap works good with wall opening, considering it an insert.
I have also used wall opening at the corner situation where the curtain wall is supposed to become a sort of a corner window, without the wall opening inserted near the corner at both wall ends the wall segment remains there.