PDA

View Full Version : Elevation swing of windows

Nic M.
2003-10-06, 06:32 PM
Good evening,

I have elevation swing lines in my windows but I also want the glas element of that window to display in a solid fill grey.

This works great untill I plot the drawing, then the solid fill jumps in front of the elevation swing lines

Any solutions that I could try?

PeterJ
2003-10-06, 06:35 PM
Don't have Revit to hand, but you could try doing the elevation swing indication in symbolic lines, or look at making the glass material in the windows a specific materialwhich in elevation uses a solid colour fill in 50% grey.

Nic M.
2003-10-06, 07:12 PM
Thanks for the reply Peter,

That's the way it's setup now

- symbolic lines in the window family for the elevation swing
- Surface pattern: Solid fill 20% grey

beegee
2003-10-06, 09:38 PM
Nic,

Try model lines on the windows, maybe sitting a bit out front of the glass. ( copy and amend the family ).

Glass material should be OK as is.

I only use infilled glass at schematic stage, without elevation swing turned on.

Nic M.
2003-10-07, 07:10 AM
Thanks Beegee,
I give that a try
I realy would like to keep the way we draw windows

I now just turn off the elevation swing lines and draw them in with detail lines.
I also noticed that when I change the surface pattern to a line pattern in a grey color, these lines also jump in front of the elevation swing lines when printed.
Maybe somekind of bug?

beegee
2003-10-07, 08:44 AM
Nic,

I checked an old project and it does what you want.

Glass material is set to - Surface Pattern - Solid Fill RGB 192-192-192 and the symbolic swing lines all show without a problem.

Refer attached.

Nic M.
2003-10-07, 09:00 AM
Beegee,

As I mentioned, it does show up in a elevation view
But it doesn't in a print preview or print on paper / pdf

I have the same settings you mention
Is your attached file a screenshot from revit or from a PDF /scan?

shaunv68276
2003-10-07, 09:44 AM
99.9% of the time whether working in door or window families use symbolic lines. Stay away from model lines. Symbolic lines are like detail lines, view specific. Model lines are like lines and are depicted in all views. Model lines also come up with there own interpretation as and when it suites them. Symbolic lines you have more control over per view. :lol:

beegee
2003-10-07, 12:16 PM
Nic,

Have you tried Raster setting to print ?

Nic M.
2003-10-07, 12:37 PM
Yep that does it

But I don't like raster printing
I think my drawing look more cluterd then
BTW I don't understand wy there should be two possible ways to print a drawing?

Thanks Beegee for thinking allong

sbrown
2003-10-07, 01:05 PM
There are 2 ways to print because the first and only way to print from early releases of revit was raster(it is more accurate but takes much longer to process) vector is great for line work but not so good for raster images, ie jpgs or 3d shaded views or complex elevations. The vector printing in revit has improved dramatically from when it first came out. I had to print many sheets raster to get all the data to print, now the vector works 98% of the time. Still on 3d's and elevations sometimes need to be printed raster.