PDA

View Full Version : Problems with rooms

djsli
2010-10-26, 10:15 PM
I have two questions regarding the labeling of rooms...

1. Is there a way to designate a room that does not have walls? Essentially, I have one large room containing a variety of functions that I wish to differentiate and provide area calculations for each space.

2. In another instance, I created a space enclosed on four sides with walls with an initial height of 12 feet. I then tagged them as rooms. I realized that the walls for these rooms were only supposed to be 2'-6" so I changed them. Apparently revit thinks this is too short of a space and the room constraints are removed. The room labels remain, but all the information regarding those rooms (ie, finishes, area, etc.) will be wrong. I've been messing with the element properties of the rooms, changing the 'limit offset' but if I change it to anything less then 4'-1", the room tag and constraints disappear.

I'd appreciate any help!

STHRevit
2010-10-27, 06:15 AM
I have two questions regarding the labeling of rooms...

1. Is there a way to designate a room that does not have walls? Essentially, I have one large room containing a variety of functions that I wish to differentiate and provide area calculations for each space.

2. In another instance, I created a space enclosed on four sides with walls with an initial height of 12 feet. I then tagged them as rooms. I realized that the walls for these rooms were only supposed to be 2'-6" so I changed them. Apparently revit thinks this is too short of a space and the room constraints are removed. The room labels remain, but all the information regarding those rooms (ie, finishes, area, etc.) will be wrong. I've been messing with the element properties of the rooms, changing the 'limit offset' but if I change it to anything less then 4'-1", the room tag and constraints disappear.

I'd appreciate any help!

1)You can use Room separation line for this purpose. ON the home tab, use the room drop down and select "Room Separation Line" draw the boundary line of the room you would like. You don't need to draw along the walls though. You will get an error message, you are simply breaking up the open area into multiple rooms.

2)I think this might be because the top of the wall is below your view cut plane. Try adjusting the view gut plane height and see if that makes a difference.