PDA

View Full Version : Soffit and ceiling join

pat.walsh
2010-10-26, 10:37 PM
anyone have an idea why this is not joining? I used join geometry to make it look like this...

Munkholm
2010-10-27, 06:01 AM
Make sure that the "Plaster" material for both the wall and the ceiling is set to the same Function, like "Finish 2 [5]" and edit the ceiling boundary to match the interior side of the plaster layer in the wall (Between the plaster and the studs - see attached)

pat.walsh
2010-10-27, 02:28 PM
Yes! Thank you. That worked great for the section; but now my plan has a line in it that I don't want, see attached. Does that mean I have to change that to an invisible line or is there something else I should do to have that line not show in plan?

While I am at it: being new to AUGI, I should ask if my attachments should be uploaded differently than I have been doing (pdf of screen shots). is there a better way to attach stuff?

cdatechguy
2010-10-27, 03:01 PM
If your using Vista or Win 7 there is a nifty little program called Snipping Tool....which lets you grab screenshots of whatever you want to share...

But alas....from your screenshot it looks like you have XP...

pat.walsh
2010-10-27, 03:06 PM
Thanks
that explains those quick previews I am seeing on AUGI. I will continue with the old fashioned pdf attachments until another method comes along for XP.

patricks
2010-10-27, 03:39 PM
For XP, Alt+Print Screen will take a shot of the active window and save it to the clipboard. Then simply open Paint and paste it, and save as JPEG.

As for the line, for me I can deal with the extra line in the ceiling plan better than the incorrect join in section. So I just draw my soffit edge equal to the face of studs on the vertical framing. With our line weights you can't really tell that there are 2 lines there on an 1/8" ceiling plan. If it bugs me I just use linework to get rid of the inner line.

cdatechguy
2010-10-27, 04:32 PM
Same as Patrick, I just leave the line....but I have an architect I work with that went in and used the invisible line tool...

People get on my case that I get into too much detail....then they turn around and use the linework tool for something so small.... :banghead:

pat.walsh
2010-10-27, 05:51 PM
as an architect I would have to agree with him since that line would not be seen on the face of the soffit ...but you are producing the very detailed drawings, so what you say goes! thanks for the help!