PDA

View Full Version : Representational / Model lines in familys

Bryan Thatcher
2010-10-28, 12:54 PM
I'm trying to get some line work to show up in a section of a truss family. When I use hidden symbolic lines, they show up solid. When I use any kind of model line, they don't show up at all. How can I get the line type to show up. In the attached image, the family in on the right and the web have model lines and the top and bottom chords have symbolic lines. Thanks.

Alex Page
2010-10-29, 12:29 AM
Generally you would use Symbolic lines as (by the sound of it) you thought as well - have you checked under object styles in the project, category: structural....(whatever it is under) /Hidden lines that the linestyle is the correct one? (ie: Hidden or something).

Looking at what you have done with symbolic lines, its all correct, but note that the linestyle uses the linestyle within the project...so if the linestyle is incorrect in the project it will show incorrect...

Bryan Thatcher
2011-05-24, 07:50 PM
Still having the same issue. Anyone?

patricks
2011-05-24, 07:53 PM
Check the category of lines you're using for the dashed lines in the family. Then go into your project, under Manage > Object Styles, and look for that line category under whatever structural category you created the truss in, and check the line pattern you have set for that particular line subcategory.

arqt49
2011-05-24, 10:32 PM
Have you tried doing that in that members families, and not in the truss family?

Bryan Thatcher
2011-05-25, 12:49 PM
patricks suggestion worked. Why the 'hidden lines' in the project were set to solid, I'll never know.

New question. How do I control the line weight of the extrusion? Thanks.

arqt49
2011-05-25, 12:55 PM
Globally by object styles, by view go to visibility/graphics overrides.
Search for the structural framing subcategories (if you are using it).

Bryan Thatcher
2011-05-25, 06:06 PM
In the object styles, I changed all of the structural framing sub categories to '1', it didn't effect the extrusion of the family. What am i missing and how can I fix this?