PDA

View Full Version : duplicating view/ levels

Bluefairy
2010-10-30, 12:17 AM
Duplicating View/Levels has 3 options:
1. Duplicate
2. Duplicate with details
3. Duplicate as a dependent.

What are the differences between those? Why cant I see a duplicated veiw in the underlay option?

Elmo
2010-11-01, 06:46 AM
1. Just duplicates the view but leaves any text or annotations out.
2. Duplicates everything.
3. Creates a view that allows you to crop a box around a certian section. It retains all the info from the original view and updates when the original view updates. This is especially handy when you have a really large plan and you need to create 2 seperate views of the floor plan in order to be able to plot it, but you don't want to do double the work of annotating and that.

Bluefairy
2010-11-03, 12:28 AM
But why cant I use the duplicated view for an underlay? Is there a way?

Bluefairy
2010-11-03, 12:37 AM
Also, does this mean that for the1st and 2nd option, the duplicated view will not change when the original floor plan is modified?

eric.piotrowicz
2010-11-03, 09:57 PM
Underlay is meant to display a different level (i.e. underlay second floor in first floor view to coordinate plumbing chase walls) You can not underlay a plan with itself, there would be nothing to show.
If you duplicate a view and then add annotation or detailing that info is only in the new view not the view it was created from. If you duplicate dependent and then add annotation or detailing in either of the views then that info is displayed indentically in both views. Any modeled plan changes will always show in every view.