PDA

View Full Version : Formula to Select 1 of 4 Options?

matt.fleming
2010-11-01, 06:01 PM
Hello.

I'm trying to create a formula so the user can select 1 of the 4 visibility options I have set.

vis1
vis2 = not(vis1)
vis3
vis4 = not(vis3)

Currently I can only togle between pairs of two using the NOT operator. This is no good.

Does anyone know how to only be able to make "TRUE/CHECKED" only ONE of the visibliity options?

Normal, in PHP or HTML you can use if, than, else statements but this is not working for me in Revit.

Thanks

Matt

Alfredo Medina
2010-11-01, 08:07 PM
Hello.

I'm trying to create a formula so the user can select 1 of the 4 visibility options I have set.

Please refer to this other thread:
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?p=1100290#post1100290

saeborne
2010-11-02, 10:45 PM
I've never been able to do this with a calculation parameter. If you find a working solution, please do share. The only work around I've been able to find deals with nested components.

So you make 4 different families that represent each option, and call them OPT 1.rfa OPT 2.rfa etc. Load each of those 4 into a "Shell" family.

Then make a family type parameter for the nested families. The user will get a pull down that says OPT 1, OPT 2, OPT 3, OPT 4.

Edit... I just looked at your link, Alfredo. I like that "See Object #" parameter. Pretty elegant.