PDA

View Full Version : Date/Time Label

sfassnacht
2010-11-03, 01:43 PM
I am trying to add a label to a titleblock to show the current date when the set is printed(print date field). I do not want to see the time in this field though. I also do not want to have to manually update the date each time within the Project Information by using the Project Issue Date label. How do I customize/modify the Date/Time Label to only show the current date and not the time?
I would think this would be an easy fix, is there something I am overlooking?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Ning Zhou
2010-11-03, 02:57 PM
2 options of OOTB Date/Time Stamp exist, just choose the one which only show date, you can copy / paste from OOTB titleblock.

sfassnacht
2010-11-03, 03:17 PM
My OOTB titleblocks only have one choice for Date/Time stamp.

There are other choices for Date (i.e.Project Issue Date, Sheet Issue Date) however these must be filled out manually, I just want to hit print and the current date is shown but with no time

Can you show the options you have?

Ning Zhou
2010-11-03, 03:26 PM
see attched OOTB titleblock for your info.

arqt49
2010-11-03, 03:34 PM
Joe, Steve is correct.
Your title block has the project issue date parameter, which is user driven.
And I would also love to see a solution for this.

sfassnacht
2010-11-03, 03:39 PM
Yes the TB attached does have two date labels:
One includes the time with the date that automatically updates per the given day and time
The other has the parameter of Project Issue Date-which must be manually filled out within the Project Info. under the Manage tab

I am looking for a combo of both:
A date label that automatically updates per the given day but only shows the date; not the time as well

If I print today and then again tomorrow and so on and so on, I just want to print I don't want to have to adjust the date each time within the Project Info.

Any ideas for this?

msondgeroth
2010-11-03, 03:41 PM
If I print today and then again tomorrow and so on and so on, I just want to print I don't want to have to adjust the date each time within the Project Info.

Any ideas for this?

I have a feeling that Revit is not smart enough for this.....yet

Ning Zhou
2010-11-03, 05:33 PM
right, looks like Date/Time Stamp is hard-coded, any solution / workaround?

sfassnacht
2010-11-03, 06:15 PM
I was able to shorten the length of the label to wrap the time onto a second line
Then I added a filled region to cover up the time.

Works but then you have a large black region on the TB which is ugly and uses more ink to print large sets

I could not get the masking region to work on the title block and cannot add regions to the sheets

If I could get the masking region to work on the titleblock or sheet we'd be good....any suggestions?

Any direction to where this resides in the API?