PDA

View Full Version : Forum appears in Japanese after a Google Search Result - Help!

christo4robin
2010-11-04, 03:38 PM
I'm on a PC with windows and I use Google Chrome as my browser. I did a Google Search for a revit topic and that led me to a post on the forums. However, all of the forum infrastructure showed up in Japanese.

I have the forums as one of my standard tabs when I open Chrome, and ever since I clicked that search result, it opens in Japanese. Since I'm American and don't speak Japanese, that makes the site pretty hard to navigate. I have so far been unable to figure out where to go to change a preference or delete a cookie, etc.

Any help?

Thanks,

arqt49
2010-11-04, 03:48 PM
You can use this:
http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&u="site URL here"

Or in chrome you have a option in "under the hood" to click:
"Offer to translate pages that aren't in a language I read"

christo4robin
2010-11-04, 03:55 PM
Thanks, but I'm not looking to translate buttons back into English. I just want to return the default page view back to English. Somehow a switch somewhere got thrown that makes buttons, menus, forum locations, etc. show up in Japanese. I need to know where the switch is...

arqt49
2010-11-04, 04:10 PM
Here http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?answer=173424&hl=en-GB there are some tips:

Look for the blue translation bar at the top of the page whenever you come across a page written in a language that isn't one of your preferred languages for webpages. Confirm that the the browser detected the correct language for the page (if it didn't, choose another language from the drop-down menu on the bar). To translate the page, click Translate. To dismiss the translation bar without translating the page, click Nope.

and...

You can right-click any page and select Translate to English, even if you disable the translation bar.

You can set pages written in a particular language to always be automatically translated. Click Options at the end of the translation bar and select Always translate [language] to English.

Does this help?

christo4robin
2010-11-04, 04:54 PM
I logged out and then logged back in. Don't know why I didn't think of that earlier. Problem solved. Thanks for the help.