PDA

View Full Version : Sheet Index Question Re: Placeholders

dgreen.49364
2010-11-04, 11:17 PM
We have a good size project file that was originally going to be one large remodel project. Now it is gong to be a lot of small remodels. No problem. I have a sheet index for the first remodel project and I created consultant placeholder sheets. For the next remodel project, I created a separate sheet index so I can leave the original sheet index intact and use filters to create the new sheet index. The problem is that when I try to create new placeholder sheets, it automatically puts them in the original sheet index. I cannot find a way for Revit to let me put the new placeholder sheets in the second sheet index.

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Dave Jones
2010-11-05, 12:01 AM
We have a good size project file that was originally going to be one large remodel project. Now it is gong to be a lot of small remodels. No problem. I have a sheet index for the first remodel project and I created consultant placeholder sheets. For the next remodel project, I created a separate sheet index so I can leave the original sheet index intact and use filters to create the new sheet index. The problem is that when I try to create new placeholder sheets, it automatically puts them in the original sheet index. I cannot find a way for Revit to let me put the new placeholder sheets in the second sheet index.

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

when I have more than one sheet schedule and add a sheet the sheet is added to both sheet schedules. Are you saying that your added sheets are only added to the original sheet index? I name my sheets with phase codes then just filter them in each sheet schedule to have which sheets I want to show in each schedule

D.Williams
2010-11-08, 08:23 PM
In this situation we simply add a project parameter. Then you create a master sheet list and phase or volume specific sheet lists which appear on the cover sheet. The latter are filtered on this parameter. The master sheet list is the go to list to make sure all sheets are in the correct phase/volume list.

Scott Womack
2010-11-08, 09:45 PM
The only items to watch out for are Revisions. =You cannot place Revisions, or edit revisions on place holder sheets. You have to actually make them into sheets to add the revisions info.