PDA

View Full Version : Position Details Right Side Up

mark.244056
2010-11-08, 03:54 PM
Hi all. I'm having an issue where my assembly drawing is showing me the wrong view orientation. The top view is actually the bottom view of the assembly. This also follows through the cuts making them backwards.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Mark

kathy71046
2010-11-09, 12:06 AM
I had that problem for a while on 2009.

What version are you using, have you applied the latest updates?

I no longer have the issue, so creating new view templates may have been the solution, however I believe it was a bug that was rectified.

If the views are good wrt to themselves and the assemblies simply start upside down, you could try to rotate the main member 180°, although if therer is shaping that could be a pain.

The ucs is based on the main member ucs, and is often inverted to what I expect, but the views work wrt to one another.

Unfortunately we still cannot pick our own ucs direction or base point on an assembly.

mark.244056
2010-11-09, 03:23 PM
Thanks!!
I have 2010 with all patches and updates that I know of. Its installed on Win7 64. I did try like you said and went to modify the main member. I had it at 180, but when I updated the attached drawing, it was still up-side down. Real pain. I took that detail and added it to my sheet as a block and exploded it to fix it.

Mark

kathy71046
2010-11-10, 01:41 AM
If the views are correct wrt to themselves, you can make a template with bottom and back labelled as top and front.