PDA

View Full Version : Area Plans

mr6jam
2010-11-08, 10:08 PM
How can I have three different area plans in my project, where each area is in a different Phase, and should give me a reading for it's square footage. Is this possible?

Dimitri Harvalias
2010-11-09, 04:30 AM
For each set of area boundaries you need to create a new area scheme. Each scheme can be phase specific.

jessica.146534
2011-09-12, 08:17 PM
I know this is an older post, but I'm not seeing the phasing option in Revit 2012 Area Plans.

I have an existing building and I need to calculate the existing versus the new square footage. I've created an Existing area plan and a New Construction area plan (with appropriate Phase settings) but the Area Boundary Lines and the Areas are not phase specific so they show up in both plans - regardless of the plan phase setting.

Is there a way to make the actual Areas phase specific? I vaguely remember this being possible in previous versions of Revit - has something changed?

jessica.146534
2011-09-12, 08:34 PM
Ah, I just figured it out. I was confused by the difference between an area "scheme" and an area "plan." I just assumed they were the same - and you know what they say about assuming things ;)