PDA

View Full Version : Revit 2011 (Roof) "Modify Sub Elements" -Where is it?!!

bsandstrom
2010-11-09, 11:52 PM
At one point in time, I recall drawing a roof and then easily placing in roof crickets by clicking on the roof and then going to the "Modify Sub Elements" portion of the roof modify section.

I'm not sure if it went away when we installed our new service pack, or if it was a Revit 2010 thing that I my mind is carrying over, or...if it's still there, but in a new place. Anyway, my question to the forum is where does this command exist if it is still in the Revit software?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

twiceroadsfool
2010-11-10, 12:10 AM
Its on the right side of the ribbon.... Assuming that roof doesnt have slopes defined. But im betting it does?

patricks
2010-11-10, 02:17 PM
You only get the Modify Sub-Elements option for floors or roofs that are completely flat to start with - no slope-defining lines or slope arrows in the sketch.

bsandstrom
2010-11-10, 03:57 PM
Thanks for the input. I made a flat roof with no slope, and sure enough, there the modify sub elements tab was when I selected the roof. Then when you give it ANY slope what so ever, it disappears. It makes me wonder what its good for anymore.

Thanks again!

cdatechguy
2010-11-10, 04:55 PM
Thanks for the input. I made a flat roof with no slope, and sure enough, there the modify sub elements tab was when I selected the roof. Then when you give it ANY slope what so ever, it disappears. It makes me wonder what its good for anymore.

Thanks again!

If you add a slope then what use is changing the grip points? It disappears on purpose...

patricks
2010-11-11, 04:50 PM
It would be nice, though, if you could take an already sloping roof or floor and then modify the sub-elements as desired.

chris.macko125036
2010-11-12, 01:39 PM
there's no point in changing sub-element heights if the roof stays a constant thickness, but it would be extremly useful in drawing crickets if you had the insulation layer variable.

daniel399389
2013-10-04, 04:15 PM
make sure your roof is flat then you can do it no slopes turned on