PDA

View Full Version : Doors Not Appearing on Door Schedule

Davied2
2004-12-30, 09:05 AM
Hi everyone - Merry Xmas

When adding a door to my building it appears on my door schedule which is "Door Number, To Room and From Room".

My building is single storey but has three different floor levels, Lower Tier, Middle Tier and Upper Tier FFL's.

Everytime I add a door its number updates in the schedule, however if I alter the level that the door belongs on, the door number wil stay in the schedule but the to and from room catagoty will go blank.

I suspect, its because the doors are on differing levels but I was under the impression that all doors on all levels would be added to the schedule - could this be a room bounding problem. I have adjusted my "Area Setting" variable to 0 so that the room calculations work correctly I suspect that this may be something to do with it.

Has anyone any ideas or heared of something like this before.

Regards

David - The Welshman

Dimitri Harvalias
2004-12-30, 05:55 PM
The room tags relate to the cut plane. If your cut plane is below the mid tier and upper tier levels then the room names won't be considered.
Have you tried to change your cut plane elevation so it is above the upper tier floor level? Do the doors record properly?

EDIT:
OK, not entirely true. The doors, relative to room tags, will relate to the level they are placed on. If you place the doors on the lowest level (the one where the to/from is reported properly) then change the sill height of those doors so they are correct for the mid and upper levels, the doors will report the to/from property correctly.
The other option is to copy/paste aligned to the upper levels and change the room numbers so they are the same as the lower level. (not recommended since this will mess up your room schedule).