PDA

View Full Version : Elevation Call Out - Different Cut Plane?

saeborne
2010-11-10, 10:39 PM
Hi All,

Is there a way to make a Call Out in an elevation have a different cut plane, than the parent elevation?

For example, please see the attached jpeg (or revit file).

In the Elevation, I want to see both the blue wall and the red wall. In the call out, want the cut plane set, such that I don't see the red wall, but the blue wall that is obscured.

Now, in this extremely simple example, I could just hide the red wall (duh). But in my actual project, there is far too much to simply hide. I need to be able to adjust the cut plane of the call out, independently from the parent elevation.

Here's the real stinker... I've already gotten this to work in other elevation views. I can't remember how I did it!

Thanks in advance!

Bryan

j_starko
2010-11-10, 10:51 PM
you can adjust the far clip range... but I don't know if you can adjust the "cut plane " like you're talking about.

Odviously if you make another view you could do that. but then how would one get the referencing to work well.

I would be totaly curious if there's a way to do this .

saeborne
2010-11-10, 10:55 PM
Yeah... i could make an "Enlarged Elevation" by creating a regular elevation in the floor plan view, then referencing the call out to this Enlarged Elevation.

But what sucks is that then the outlines of the call out will not align with the crop of the elevation.

I swear to god I got it to work once. Grrrr!

j_starko
2010-11-10, 11:07 PM
Well you could put in another callout, that just references the altered view. but this is where the view referenceing can get messy,

I think this is a system preference that you're wanting to change.. better start reading up how to hack REVIT's source code :P

josh.made4worship
2010-11-11, 08:59 PM
I think the answer you are looking for is simple...unless I'm mis-understanding your question. In the view properties of your Callout, change the "Far Clip Settings" from "Same as Parent View" to "Independent". Now you should be able to adjust the far clip (I think you are calling this cut plane?) to be between the front wall and the back wall.

josh.made4worship
2010-11-11, 09:00 PM
Okay, yeah, I just reread your post, and see what you mean now...You actually want the callout "cut plane" to move between the walls...hmm...I'll have to think on this...