PDA

View Full Version : can you have no infill on a demolished element?

williamsmitchell
2010-11-11, 02:42 PM
i have an existing wall hosting and existing door. i want to demolish the door and just leave the opening. however, revit is creating the infill wall. is there a way to just leave the opening?

arqt49
2010-11-11, 02:59 PM
Yes, there is. But it's tricky.
That infill happens because the door family contains an opening.
So, the right thing to do is to create the opening, and then add a door family without the opening (wall hosted, or not) in the existing phase.
That last door is the component to be demolished in the future phase.
In the end it's quite simple if you understand that the process is must like the real thing.

tomnewsom
2010-11-11, 03:04 PM
OR, create an opening object in the New phase that is exactly the same size as the demolished door.

williamsmitchell
2010-11-11, 03:07 PM
thanks.. thats what we were thinking here at the office... but it just seems so odd that there is not an option for NO infill... or even, similar to curtain wall.. an "empty" infill would work too!

hint hint autodesk.. Revit 2012...

hmmmm that makes me think, will revit 2012 be the last release of revit before the end of the world?

patricks
2010-11-11, 05:12 PM
thanks.. thats what we were thinking here at the office... but it just seems so odd that there is not an option for NO infill... or even, similar to curtain wall.. an "empty" infill would work too!

hint hint autodesk.. Revit 2012...

hmmmm that makes me think, will revit 2012 be the last release of revit before the end of the world?

Well if you believe that, there would have to be another version to come out in 2012, since Revit 2012 will be coming out in 2011. Lucky number 2013? :p

williamsmitchell
2010-11-11, 05:35 PM
ITS A SIGN!!!!