PDA

View Full Version : Renumber Views

antman
2010-11-11, 06:37 PM
I have a sheet with 40 interior elevations. I need to add 2 more, but they will be numbers 5 and 6. It seems the easiest way is to select each view and change the numbers in the properties palette, one at a time, beginning with the highest number. Is there a quicker way?

eric.piotrowicz
2010-11-11, 06:49 PM
Nope, thats the way to do it.

Alfredo Medina
2010-11-11, 07:06 PM
There is a way using an external tool: Nicholas' script to copy from Excel to Revit.

In Revit: View > Schedule > View list > View name. Filter the schedule so that the only views listed are the interior elevations. Sort the list by number. Then remove the sorting settings.

In Excel: Type in "Interior elevation 1" for example. Then, drag the cell down until you have "Interior elevation 32" or whatever the last number is.

Then execute the script, following the instructions, and all your cells in Revit will replace the content in your Revit's view list schedule, renaming the views at the same time.

The script and its instructions can be found at reply # 74 at:
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=97224&page=8

Note: you may need to rename the views first in a way that does not give you errors such as "The name entered is already in use. Enter a unique name." Then, rename them again in the desired order.

See illustration.

eric.piotrowicz
2010-11-11, 08:04 PM
It looks like that script is renaming the views. Let me know if I'm wrong but it was my understanding that the OP wanted to renumber the views on the sheet so that elevation 40/A200 would be renumbered to 42/A200 and so on down to make room for the new elevations 5/A200 and 6/A200.

antman
2010-11-11, 08:12 PM
You are right Eric. That is what I want, not to rename the view itself.

eric.piotrowicz
2010-11-11, 08:46 PM
Alfredo, I'm curious looking further at your post. Can the parameter Detail Number be scheduled? I took a quick slab it and came up empty. Not sure if I just missed something simple but my thinking was that if that parameter could be scheduled it might be possible to apply your renaming script.

Alfredo Medina
2010-11-12, 12:02 AM
You are right Eric. That is what I want, not to rename the view itself.

Alfredo, I'm curious looking further at your post. Can the parameter Detail Number be scheduled? I took a quick slab it and came up empty. Not sure if I just missed something simple but my thinking was that if that parameter could be scheduled it might be possible to apply your renaming script.

Eric and Antman

Oh, I see, so you wanted to change the detail number, the one in the bubble. I understood it was the number contained in the name of the view, as if all of them had some serial number. Now I see. Well, then, the detail number is not a parameter that one can find in the schedules, unfortunately; therefore I donĀ“t see a way to schedule or renumber them with the script or any other method, other than doing it manually one by one. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

davidthigpen
2010-11-12, 04:20 PM
FYI

You can change the number in the sheet view. Select the view and click in the bubble. At least it's better than going to the properties dialog box each time. Can change the title text this way as well.

glynnis.patterson
2011-02-24, 02:44 PM
Ideate BIMLink (http://www.ideatebimlink.com/index.php/free-trial/) can be used to rename and/or renumber View parameters. This would allow for rapid re-numbering of all Views within the sheet or the entire project.

funkitect
2011-02-24, 08:05 PM
Try the RenumberItems tool in the CADdaddy Revit Tools 2011 at www.caddaddy.com/software/revit

The tool renumbers Views, Grids, Room, Areas, and Doors in the order picked. The free trial will renumber up to 10 items at a time.

James LeVieux
CADdaddy

Phillip_Miller
2011-02-25, 04:26 AM
If you visit

http://revitfb.blogspot.com/

You will find our Free element renumber. Renumber anything from Doors, WIndows, grids views etc. ALL for FREE.

Cheers

Phillip

BMcCallum
2011-02-25, 06:02 PM
You will find our Free element renumber. Renumber anything from Doors, WIndows, grids views etc. ALL for FREE.

I like it but it seems a bit slow renumbering views. Is there anything that can be done to process the views quicker?

Perhaps the views can be selected in order first then processed all at once? The selection order could determine the number and the processing is done all at once?

Just a thought.