PDA

View Full Version : Revit Trainer Wanted

colinboyd964232
2010-11-11, 11:36 PM
Infinite Skills is looking for a talented individual who can author a Revit Training video. Past teaching experience is an advantage but passion about the application is more important. The trainer will be working from home. All applications should be highly articulate and have English as their native language. For more information email details of your experience along with any other information you feel is relevant.

colinboyd@infiniteskills.com

Dave Jones
2010-11-11, 11:41 PM
Infinite Skills is looking for a talented individual who can author a Revit Training video. Past teaching experience is an advantage but passion about the application is more important. The trainer will be working from home. All applications should be highly articulate and have English as their native language. For more information email details of your experience along with any other information you feel is relevant.

just out of curiosity why would your applicant have to have English be their native language? If a trainer speaks fluent English but it's not the language of their homeland what would you care? Perhaps just a misquote and you are actually looking for someone who speaks fluent English regardless of their origin??

Alfredo Medina
2010-11-12, 02:12 AM
just out of curiosity why would your applicant have to have English be their native language? If a trainer speaks fluent English but it's not the language of their homeland what would you care? Perhaps just a misquote and you are actually looking for someone who speaks fluent English regardless of their origin??

I agree with Dave. In the way that message is composed it is understood that if someone "is a talented invididual", has "past training experience", "a passion about the application", but his or her native language happens to be not English, that person will be disqualified. The way that requirement is written sounds discriminatory. Maybe just saying that the applicant must speak fluent English would be more appropriate.

Sincerely,

One of the disqualified candidates.

Craig_L
2010-11-12, 03:51 AM
For eggsample, I am a naytive english speeker, but may bee my english isnt as gud as a well trained effluent person.

Sorry couldn't resist...

Dave Jones
2010-11-12, 04:12 PM
For eggsample, I am a naytive english speeker, but may bee my english isnt as gud as a well trained effluent person.

Sorry couldn't resist...

LOL! I just spewed coffee on my monitor. Where's the paper towels!

j_starko
2010-11-12, 08:59 PM
One of the disqualified candidates.

Theyr'e missing out if they wouldn't consider you. ha.

Munkholm
2010-11-12, 09:22 PM
Just another example where place of birth is more important than actual skills!

Sincerely, my English is not to be considered native, nor fluent, but as already pointed out, someone like Alfredo would be a pure goldmine to a company like this ;-)

Hope you´re listening Colin Boyd!

twiceroadsfool
2010-11-12, 09:26 PM

BTW: APPLICATIONS dont have a native language. APPLICANTS do. At least.... in English. :)

dzatto
2010-11-12, 10:42 PM
BTW: APPLICATIONS dont have a native language. APPLICANTS do. At least.... in English. :)
Damn, I must spread some rep around before giving it to Aaron again. lol

Alex Page
2010-11-14, 08:52 PM
Hes obviously biased against americans - we all know that they dont speak english...;)