PDA

View Full Version : Floor drops?

gjburkett
2004-12-30, 04:35 PM
I've messed with this awhile and I've searched on here and can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I am doing a house (my first project so I'm a total newb). Anyway, I created a foundation floor (12" concrete) for the house that includes the porches. However, the porches are supposed to drop 3 1/2" below finished floor. Is there a way to add a drop to the floor I created or is it better to make separate floors for the porches and create a new level at -3 1/2"?

Scott D Davis
2004-12-30, 04:36 PM
Best to make two floors, then Join Geometry if you want them to appear as one in section.

gjburkett
2004-12-30, 05:12 PM
Yes, that worked. Thanks. Is there a way to do a foundation plan with grade beams or would it be easier to import it to AutoCAD and just do it there?

Scott D Davis
2004-12-30, 06:02 PM
Had a reply almost finished, when we had a power 'blip' and the computer shut down! ...hate it when that happens!

anyways....use 'walls' to represent the grade beams. Set the wall to concrete, and the wall thickness to the width of your grade beams. Then create a new level below your floor, which represents the bottom of the grade beam. Draw in your grade beams, then attach these 'walls' up to your floor, and join geometry.

In your foundation plan, switch to wire frame, and use the line tool to make the grade beams a hidden line, and then switch back to Hiiden Line view when you are done. You should have a foundation plan, showing the slab as a solid, with hidden line grade beams below. Of cousre the advantage is that these will show in section!