PDA

View Full Version : Thickness of Wood Posts in Elevation

mrdavie
2010-11-12, 10:58 PM
I have 6 x 6 wood posts which look fine in plan and when seen in 3D from front, back, right side, and left side. However, in the elevations generated from the elevation marks, the columns look line lines. They have no thickness.

ron.sanpedro
2010-11-12, 11:09 PM
I have 6 x 6 wood posts which look fine in plan and when seen in 3D from front, back, right side, and left side. However, in the elevations generated from the elevation marks, the columns look line lines. They have no thickness.

Your view is probably Course Detail, where Structural stuff shows as diagrammatic lines. You can either change the whole view to Medium or Fine, or in Visibility/Graphic Overrides, you can set the Detail level for just the Structural items, in the last column for each category.

After all these years, and with Revit Structure now a product, I don't know why they don't just fix this. Does any Architect actually want to see this stuff as diagrams? But we have a workaround, so Autodesk doesn't have a bug. ;)

Best,
Gordon

dan302720
2010-11-12, 11:14 PM
See if "stick symbols" are turned on in the Structural Framing category; if so turn them off.

Dan