PDA

View Full Version : Wall joins going haywire

patricks
2010-11-15, 09:56 PM
I have a particular project with lots of bump-outs for HVAC chases, etc. As such the exterior walls create many inside corner conditions around the exterior building perimeter. For some reason most of these wall joins simply will not clean up correctly. If I create a new wall to the side with an inside corner, it cleans up fine.

Also in several places there is an interior wall that needs to align (flush out) with the inside finish face of those exterior walls, and there the wall join looks even worse.

Wall join tool does nothing. If I copy/paste the offending walls into a new project, of course they all clean up perfectly. What are my options here?

alberto.malinverno
2010-11-16, 12:47 PM
i have also problems with wall joins...
I have 2 walls, 10" and 5 " wide, with a plaster finishing layer on both sides.
If i align the two walls, the plaster don't wrap correctly at ends (see picture) on the joint: plaster is missing in some parts.
If i disallow the join, the plaster wraps on the ends of the walls, but i have plaster inside the walls which is incorrect...

any suggestion?
many thanks

tomnewsom
2010-11-16, 03:25 PM
If you have a fat wall that that kinks out by an amount less than the width of the wall, the joins go to hell. The only way I know of to clean it up is to expand the kink to wider than the wall, tidy up the join and then move the kink back into place

Alberto - disallow join on the ends of both walls, drag one end of the thinner one inside the thicker one. Use Join Geometry to clean it up.

alberto.malinverno
2010-11-17, 02:57 PM
I did like you said, Tom, and i got as you can see in the picture: non correct again, because there are extra lines inside, but getting something better seems impossible....

Munkholm
2010-11-18, 08:51 AM
I did like you said, Tom, and i got as you can see in the picture: non correct again, because there are extra lines inside, but getting something better seems impossible....

Better is not impossible, but i´m afraid that perfect is...

In the attaced, I´ve set the wide wall to disallow join, and modelled a thin wall (plaster only) perpendicular to the other walls. But still get one unwanted line...

dzatto
2010-11-18, 11:19 PM
Better is not impossible, but i´m afraid that perfect is...

In the attaced, I´ve set the wide wall to disallow join, and modelled a thin wall (plaster only) perpendicular to the other walls. But still get one unwanted line...
Could you do that and then use the line tool to make the line invisible? Depending on how many of these you have, it may not be too time consuming to do.