PDA

View Full Version : new to revit..... walls

danielqu
2004-12-30, 08:09 PM
What does one recommend when building (modeling) a high rise with regard to walls? would one want to make one wall from top to bottom, top of structure to the foundation or would you do a stacked wall method? What about modeling say a building with a brick wainscot? Also, once I had my employer asking me to move where the window was place in a wall. ie. position of the window with regard to exterior finish side to interior finish. Can that be done? does anyone have any advice on how to expedite the learning of revit?

Scott_Bloss
2004-12-30, 08:58 PM
What does one recommend when building (modeling) a high rise with regard to walls? would one want to make one wall from top to bottom, top of structure to the foundation or would you do a stacked wall method? What about modeling say a building with a brick wainscot? Also, once I had my employer asking me to move where the window was place in a wall. ie. position of the window with regard to exterior finish side to interior finish. Can that be done? does anyone have any advice on how to expedite the learning of revit?

1. I would reccommend utiling one wal from top of foundation to the roof rather than the stacked method. much cleaner and easier to work with.

2. I would make the brick wainscot from a profile and a sweep. or modify the wall system.

3. Disjoin the window from the wall and you can change the inset dimensions.

4. To expedite the learning of Revit I recommend completing the tutorials and then get yourself the Revit books from CDV System very comprehensive and easy to follow.

danielqu
2004-12-31, 04:01 AM
thanks Scott! Much appreciated.

daniel