PDA

View Full Version : Building Pads in Design Options?

twollifur
2010-11-16, 10:01 PM
Hi there,
I am working on a master planning/schematic design for an expansion project, which has a fairly hilly site. I have modeled the topography and the existing buildings as well as a few expansion design options. This is my first time doing this, so I am not sure if I set this up in the best way possible, but the problem I am coming up against is with creating pads in the different options. I want to be able to show a few options that have building pads that dig into the topography in different places and be able to turn the different options on and off. I tried putting the pads in the design options, but it wouldn’t let me because the topography in the main model was hosting the pad. I also looked at creating a subcategory of the pad that I could turn on and off, but realized that pads are already a subcategory of the site. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to create these different options without having to save separate files.

Thanks in advance!

D.Williams
2010-11-16, 10:48 PM
You could either place the entire topo into each design option (including one that is the existing condition) or split out a portion of the topo that will cover all of the areas your different schemes would change and assign only those smaller areas to the design options.

twollifur
2010-11-17, 03:21 PM
Thanks, Doug, I will try that!