PDA

View Full Version : Reference Bubble Size

Terry Richardson
2010-11-17, 01:12 PM
Good morning

Is there a way that we can "fudge" the size of a callout reference window? At times it is visually just too large for the plan we are detailing off of. However, we do not want the size of the detail itself to change?

Thank you

tedg
2010-11-17, 03:34 PM
Good morning

Is there a way that we can "fudge" the size of a callout reference window? At times it is visually just too large for the plan we are detailing off of. However, we do not want the size of the detail itself to change?

Thank you
Are you talking about the reference bubble (per your thread title)? Or the "viewport" created in a view when you drag it on a sheet?

skemna
2010-11-17, 05:16 PM
i think i have the same question. I believe he's saying can the viewport window you drag on a sheet be a different dimension that the call out outline on the referencing view. I run into this problem all the time where you want the dashed callout outline to be bigger (for visibility) than the actual size of the viewport.

thoughts?

tedg
2010-11-17, 06:01 PM
i think i have the same question. I believe he's saying can the viewport window you drag on a sheet be a different dimension that the call out outline on the referencing view. I run into this problem all the time where you want the dashed callout outline to be bigger (for visibility) than the actual size of the viewport.

thoughts?
Not sure if this answers your question, but the "bounding box" or "viewport" for the view on a sheet is actually the crop region in that view. If you make the crop region visable in the view (if not checked off as being visable already) you can drag it in all 4 directions to be what ever size you want.

Does that help?

eric.piotrowicz
2010-11-17, 07:43 PM
What happens though is when you resize the crop region the callout bubble get its size adjusted to match. I think if you create a scope box and assign it to the callout in the properties it will let you make the bubble larger on the reference view without chancing the visible extents of the detail itself.

greg.mcdowell
2010-11-17, 08:53 PM
You could also use a masking region donut to hide geometry you don't want to see.

Scott Womack
2010-11-18, 11:56 AM
Hide the callout in that view/sheet. Now create another callout, and check the Reference other view box, and place it. Now the callout "boundary" it not tied to the actual extents of the called out view.

Ning Zhou
2010-11-18, 07:02 PM
What happens though is when you resize the crop region the callout bubble get its size adjusted to match. I think if you create a scope box and assign it to the callout in the properties it will let you make the bubble larger on the reference view without chancing the visible extents of the detail itself.

using scope box seems not working as resizing SB will also adjust bubble size, besides, you cannot use SB in elevation / section callout

eric.piotrowicz
2010-11-18, 07:16 PM
cr@p, thats not the way I expected it to act. Probably should have tested before typing:Oops: