PDA

View Full Version : Detail lines and schedules

Griff
2010-11-17, 03:34 PM
I have a drawing that I need to callout cable pull locations on and reference a schedule showing the cable pull information. On the plan view of the facility I have detail lines showing the existing underground conduits and the location for the cable pulls. I would like to take the information from the cable pull.docx file and put that information into the Revit annotation symbol so Revit will build my schedule. I plan on rearranging the columns but I need to have a couple of rows for conduit numbers into the schedule. My thought is: I need to create an annotation symbol, annotation symbol tag and give them a category of something like electrical fixtures. Then my thought is to create a shared parameter within the symbol or tag that allows me to list the conduit numbers for that cable pull. I wouldn’t think this is as hard as I’m making it. Can someone give me a few pointers on how to do this? Thanks for any help you can give me.

WT-09
2010-11-22, 04:06 PM
I would probably create an electrical fixture family for those cable pulls (not annotation) and add all those column headers from doc file as shared parameters to that family. Then you can schedule all of them, but looking at your doc file there might be some problems with formatting of that schedule in Revit if you need the same look.