PDA

View Full Version : Area Calculations for Programming Schedule

kmarquis
2010-11-17, 04:00 PM
I received a model from another firm that had a Programming Schedule in it that provided fields in a schedule for "Area", "Required Area" and "Area Difference" and I can't figure out how they did it. You can probably guess that somewhere is a formula for Area-Required Area=Area Difference but I can't replicate it or find where they did it.

I tried to add Shared Parameters and fill in the Calculated Value in the Schedule and I get error messages for Inconsistent Units or something about a bad formula. Can someone show me how to create this simple formula in a schedule?

Alfredo Medina
2010-11-17, 06:20 PM
Create a schedule, based on Room entities. Pass at least the following fields: Name, Area. Then, from the Fields tab, click on Add Parameter... add a project parameter named as Required Area; data type : Area. Back in the Fields tab, click on Calculated Value. Name: Area Difference; data type: Area. Formula : Area - Required Area

kmarquis
2010-11-17, 06:47 PM
Oh man I feel dumb. I knew it had to be easy. I was actually making it harder than it needed to be. Thank you so much!

Karen