PDA

View Full Version : Wall - Board & Batton

wiljay16
2004-12-30, 08:28 PM
Newbie here. My first Post. :) First of all LOVE Revit. I am trying to convince my boss to make the switch. I am about a month into a residential project, and have hit my first road block.

I am trying to make a wood stud wall with Board & Batton on the exterior. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to model the vertical Battons. I would like them to be a part of the wall assembly instead of being just a hatch pattern.

Thanks,

Will

Scott_Bloss
2004-12-30, 08:42 PM
Will,

Do you really need to make it part of the wall system? I have a board and batten hatch pattern that i apply to my elevations and it seems to get the job done for me.. If the wall sections are what you are concerned with I just add some graphically lines to my wall section and details. If you would like the hatch pattern let me know and i can send it to you. You can complete the board and batten as part of the wall using a profile with vertical sweeps as required as well or by building a complex wall. Seems like a fair amount of work to me and not sure what the rewards are by doing so, just my two cents.

aggockel50321
2004-12-30, 09:31 PM
Another choice would be a curtain wall. Let the mullions be battens...

Scott_Bloss
2004-12-30, 09:32 PM
Yes, Would also agree with Andrew

wiljay16
2004-12-31, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the quick reply guys. :) I will use a hatch pattern to do the job. Sounds like the easiest way to do the job. Now, I just have to figure out how to make one. I would appreciate an email of the hatch pattern file, Scott .... if you do not mind.

Thanks,

Will
wiljay16@hotmail.com

Scott Hopkins
2004-12-31, 08:59 PM
Will,

Here is one I made. It is a 2 1/2" batten at 16" on center. With a little luck you should be able to edit the hatch numbers to any size batten/spacing you want.

*Board & Batten, 2.5" Batten at 16" o.c.
;%TYPE=MODEL
90, 0, 0, 16, 16, 16
90, 2.5, 0, 16, 16, 16

matt.98118
2006-05-13, 11:52 PM
Where can I find the hatch patterns in Revit v 9? I am looking to add this Board & Batten pattern to my collection, or does someone already have a wall family in Revit they can share.

Thanks!

eddy.lermytte
2006-05-14, 06:45 AM
Matt
C(C:) > Program Files > Autodesk Revit 9 > Data > revit.pat.

ChristinaB
2006-06-09, 03:00 PM
We use board & batt all the time. I use a wall sweep using any size profile I choose. I put the vertical sweep on the wall I want and array. This way if you render the outside of your project it actually looks like there are batton strips on the wall...enjoy.

Justin Marchiel
2006-06-09, 03:33 PM
i agree that adding them for rendering purposes is a good idea, but they would be realy time consuming on a large building. I have not done any but have a job coming up that does. I would be interreted to know if maybe some sort of generic family would do the trick? i could see this being effective on a repeating elevation, but maybe not on a "custom" wall.

anyone tried a family approach?

Justin

Matt Brennan
2006-06-09, 06:43 PM
A common board and batten hatch pattern I came across some time ago. It might have come from Revitcity.com...

ajayholland
2006-06-10, 05:31 PM
To convey some additional capabilities, I’ve attached a generic model family that I developed to place battens on the interior walls of a retail project.

~AJH

Wes Macaulay
2006-06-10, 08:11 PM
A very quick way of modeling this would be to put the vertical battens into a two-pick 3D family array... more uses for those things all the time, huh?