PDA

View Full Version : AutoCAD/Archibus Configuration

kristen.muse234663
2010-11-18, 03:10 PM
Hello all. I am having an issue with AutoCAD/Archibus connections correctly, so I thought I would post a message here and see if anyone had any advice.

Every time I use an Archibus command in AutoCAD (edit data, uncatalog), AutoCAD gets an fatal error....Unhandled e06d7363h Exception at 7c812afbh. I've found that this error can be linked to the .net framework. I currently have the correct .net framework, and I still keep getting the error. I'm thinking I am overlooking a setting or forgot a customized file somewhere.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Wanderer
2010-11-22, 04:14 PM
Kristen,

First question, that might help anyone else looking at your problem... what releases of AutoCAD and Archibus are you using?

I don't actually have Archibus installed yet myself, but, typically when I receive those unhandled exceptions, there are a couple of things I'll check first.
#1, making sure that all service packs and hotfixes are installed.
autodesk.com/autocad (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=9240618)
Then, if you're still getting the error, I might try a 'REPAIR' install. I assume that when things like the .net and windows updates install, they could affect other programs that are already present, and a repair could tidy up anything they might have modified.

Of course, you never know with add-ons what might trigger things. When I was using FMDesktop with AutoCAD Architecture, I had a fatal error when I would try to publish a DWF using the FMDesktop tool, BUT, then I discovered, if I saved the file down to an earlier version, THEN used the tool, it worked just fine.

Best of luck,

Hello all. I am having an issue with AutoCAD/Archibus connections correctly, so I thought I would post a message here and see if anyone had any advice.

Every time I use an Archibus command in AutoCAD (edit data, uncatalog), AutoCAD gets an fatal error....Unhandled e06d7363h Exception at 7c812afbh. I've found that this error can be linked to the .net framework. I currently have the correct .net framework, and I still keep getting the error. I'm thinking I am overlooking a setting or forgot a customized file somewhere.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

kristen.muse234663
2010-11-30, 09:27 PM
In response, we have AutoCAD 2011 and Archibus 18.

Yes, all current updates are installed. I just had the new updates installed this morning.

And yes, I still get the fatal error.

How does one go about doing just a repair install?

tslam
2011-11-29, 04:45 AM
Hi Kristen,

If you have a contract with anyone with ARCHIBUS support, you should contact them first.

But in the event that you do not, I would recommend that first you remake the whole Overlay profile, meaning create a new profile, add the support files, arx, cui, etc and test if it works...

If it is still bad, I would reinstall Overlay on your computer and see if it helps.