PDA

View Full Version : Wall Joins and Core Boundary

Moke
2010-11-18, 08:29 PM
Could anyone explain how to prevent wall joins bridging core boundaries ("wrong" attached). I've tried all combinations of Function, Material etc. I've also tried disallowing join, then joining (comes back to the same thing). Other than using white line tippex-type fixing, ("right", attached), the only thing that seems to work is shown in eg 1, where a letter in a core layer function is deleted to fool Revit. Is there a less circuitous way?

Thanks

Alfredo Medina
2010-11-19, 03:52 PM
Is it possible for you to post a .rvt file, with just these walls (and purged)?
It is necessary to see the settings of the other wall, too.

cdatechguy
2010-11-19, 04:31 PM
Try the attached..For your 1mm use a membrane layer..which I forgot to add...

But wall layers should start at 1 in the core to 5 on the outside...and I always use Finish 2 as my last finish...

Although recently I have been using substrate for furring walls instead of saying my steel studs were structure. They kept joining to my concrete/cmu structural walls through the airspace between the stud and core.

Moke
2010-11-20, 08:54 AM
Sure - here it is. Just can't believe what a basic problem this is - surely it should have been fixed many editions ago?

Alfredo Medina
2010-11-20, 10:50 PM
I donĀ“t think there is any problem in Revit that needs to be fixed in this case. I see that the components in the structure of the wall are not arranged in the proper way. See illustration. The first drawing on the left shows the actual condition: masonry brick meets masonry brick, and in the structure of the wall, the structural components are outside the core boundaries. The flip control represents the first solution. Flip the wall, which puts masonry brick perpendicular to masonry brick. Then, rearrange the structure of the wall, placing any component that should be classified as structure, inside the core boundaries, and any component that should be finish, outside. Then the walls join correctly.

Moke
2010-11-21, 06:27 AM
Wow! What a relief - it's been bugging me for ages! Many thanks Alfredo.

Damo
2015-03-03, 06:57 PM
Bit of a dated thread, but just solved a late-night problem for me. Thanks Alfredo