PDA

View Full Version : Moving a complete project up/down

tory.puglisi
2010-11-18, 09:58 PM
I have a project with construction drawings almost fully documented without knowing the datum for the levels of the project. I need to raise the building / surface / everything to make it consistent with the now confirmed datum level. The result I need is nothing more than to change the numbers in the Level Heads in elevs, sects, details, etc. In simpler CAD programs, you would simply change the numbers in the level heads on the relevant drawings. But as we all know, Revit doesn't work like that. Grabbing the Levels and objects in a section/elevation will leave a horrible mess with all the detail lines/elements/insulation in the detail drawings. Sure, I can go through each elevation, section + detail, but in that case I might as well forget about being productive or profitable...

Does anyone know of the correct or most effective way to achieve this otherwise simple change in levels?

eric.piotrowicz
2010-11-18, 10:59 PM
Thats a job for the Relocate Project tool. Its on the manage tab under Position.

d.stairmand
2010-11-19, 12:52 AM
Or just make the Level's shared, and tell it specifically what the Heights are

tory.puglisi
2010-11-19, 03:09 AM
Thank you!

Actually, it was a combination of both. I had to change the Elevation Base of the Level Type to Shared, then I used the Relocate Project tool in elevation. Without the "shared" elevation base, relocating the project evidently does effectively nothing.

Obviously this is something I don't do often. Thanks again.