PDA

View Full Version : Populated Dropdown Box in Properties

mbalsom
2010-11-19, 12:52 AM
Is there a way to create a project parameter with a dropdown box already populated with text (choices) so it appears in schedule.
I am trying to create a dropdown list (populated) to report to window schedule ex.
orientation , shading device etc.
or should it be done within window family ? Would be easier if it could be a project param.

Thanks

twiceroadsfool
2010-11-19, 01:14 AM
Is there a way to create a project parameter with a dropdown box already populated with text (choices) so it appears in schedule.
I am trying to create a dropdown list (populated) to report to window schedule ex.
orientation , shading device etc.
or should it be done within window family ? Would be easier if it could be a project param.

Thanks

Text fields that have had entries before will get "dropdowns," but it will still let them "Write in" a vote.

You can use a Key Schedule that ONLY has the Key parameter, and nothing else... It should let you, but i dont have revit in front of me to try it. If it does, itll only let you select the Key values, which you could prepopulate, but youd have to have some erroneous Key Schedules in the project.

mbalsom
2010-11-19, 04:09 AM
Text fields that have had entries before will get "dropdowns," but it will still let them "Write in" a vote.

Yeah, you can write in a "vote" but they will not hold if items are deleted.
I would really like to have text choices already available loaded in template.

twiceroadsfool
2010-11-19, 04:13 AM
Yeah, you can write in a "vote" but they will not hold if items are deleted.
I would really like to have text choices already available loaded in template.

Try the Key Schedules?

mbalsom
2010-11-19, 11:32 AM
Try the Key Schedules?

Arron thanks for the tip. Have been having a play with Key Schedules and have been able to acheive the result I was after.
This seems to be a workaround , and not what a Key schedule is mean't for, but seems to work just the same.
I did require 3 seperate fields so I had to create 3 seperate schedules,unless I am missing something ?
Anyone else with any other methods ?

twiceroadsfool
2010-11-19, 04:11 PM
Arron thanks for the tip. Have been having a play with Key Schedules and have been able to acheive the result I was after.
This seems to be a workaround , and not what a Key schedule is mean't for, but seems to work just the same.
I did require 3 seperate fields so I had to create 3 seperate schedules,unless I am missing something ?
Anyone else with any other methods ?

Yeah, its completely not hat they are meant for. Yes, you would need a key schedule for each field. But if you really want hard "selectable" drop downs, i dont know of any other ways besides yes/no parameters in the components, and a text field reading the yes/no's...