PDA

View Full Version : loading drafting views issuse

wadeshuey
2010-11-19, 06:53 PM
Hello all

I am having trouble with loading drafting views from one file to another. Is this a bug or am I just doing something wrong? Most of our typical details are now in detail view in set by division in there own typical details file. Now when we want to load them in to a project file I will use the “inset by file” command and it works usually. But some time is get the “Unable to load” message. How do I avoid this?

Thanks

Wade

KGC
2010-11-22, 03:51 PM
I'm not sure i follow. Are the details views in the main revit model? Or are you trying to load them in from a seperate model file? Are the details created in revit or are they imported from ACAD?

wadeshuey
2010-11-23, 04:02 AM
No, there in Revit, just in another file….. A typical detail file (just drafting views)

As we need them we bring them in the project file, but we are getting a error “Unable to load” message somtimes

twiceroadsfool
2010-11-23, 04:40 AM
No, there in Revit, just in another file….. A typical detail file (just drafting views)

As we need them we bring them in the project file, but we are getting a error “Unable to load” message somtimes

Ive seen that happen a lot, if there is some fragment of a DWG definition, in one of the drafting views youre trying to bring in. Are they all native revit, no CAD at all? Youre sure?

KGC
2010-11-23, 02:33 PM
Can't say that I've used a dedicated drafting view file, but i have seen errors with ACAD elements trying to be brought in.

Are you able to load the revit file fine and the issue is on the views?