PDA

View Full Version : Convert View Types

ppaige
2010-11-23, 06:16 PM
Is it possible to convert a Floor Plan View to a Detail View? Someone made a bunch of jamb details as Floor Plans, and now I can't reference them from the window elevations.

wmullett
2010-11-23, 08:31 PM
Make a callout in the same place as a detail view / copy to clip-board detail elements-ntes-dimensions from the Floor Plan view and paste same place in the detail view. Delete the FP view. Should not take long to fix.

tropitech
2010-11-24, 03:33 AM
Make a callout in the same place as a detail view / copy to clip-board detail elements-ntes-dimensions from the Floor Plan view and paste same place in the detail view. Delete the FP view. Should not take long to fix.

i've just tried this by presicely following your instructions, even one detail item at a time, and i cant get anything to 'paste' into either my drafting view or the callout of my drafting view...(revit 2011)...something no worky...

wmullett
2010-11-24, 04:02 PM
Drafting view???? Since when were we talking about a drafting view? Drafting views are 2D - there is no same place between any 2 drafting views.....

The original post was asking about a detail call-out vs a floor plan call-out. Nothing to do with drafting views.

tropitech
2010-11-27, 12:25 AM
you are right! (and i feel like an idiot for not reading correctly..)