PDA

View Full Version : Plan views disapearing completly Revit 2010

georgie
2010-11-24, 01:31 AM
Has anyone come across a situation where an entire plan view (often roof or ground plan) disappears from their Revit model and project browser, seemingly at random, never to be found again?

This has happened at least 10 times in one of our 32MB sized Revit files, often it takes several hours for the user to realize this has happened, so the view has to be created all over again, at the loss of all annotations and detail items.

We haven't begun contract documentation yet, but I am afraid that if this happens later on we will lost a lot of work. This has not happened in any other Revit file or on any other computer.

twiceroadsfool
2010-11-24, 01:59 AM
Has anyone come across a situation where an entire plan view (often roof or ground plan) disappears from their Revit model and project browser, seemingly at random, never to be found again?

This has happened at least 10 times in one of our 32MB sized Revit files, often it takes several hours for the user to realize this has happened, so the view has to be created all over again, at the loss of all annotations and detail items.

We haven't begun contract documentation yet, but I am afraid that if this happens later on we will lost a lot of work. This has not happened in any other Revit file or on any other computer.

My guess is someone keeps deleting Levels from an elevation or section.

nancy.mcclure
2010-11-24, 02:22 AM
Yep. Emphasize to the project team that the Levels are live workplanes, creating the 'prototype' plan/rcp views associated to them. Since the plans that are 'disappearing' are roof/ground plans, users are probably seeing those levels in elev/section and thinking there's no hazard to deleting them because they don't have objects associated to them. Get them to hide the undesired levels rather than delete.

Dave Jones
2010-11-24, 02:23 AM

I've had this happen several times in Revit 2011. Probably user error on my part but I learned early on: DON'T DELETE, HIDE IN VIEW. So, I don't think it's an "I deleted a level in an elevation or section view" problem...I haven't had it happen for several weeks now though, so maybe I'm getting better at this. One could always hope :p