PDA

View Full Version : Edit Cut Profile in Staggered Section

PeterJ
2004-12-01, 04:06 PM
I seem to be having a problem with editing cut faces in split sections. Each time I select an element to modify and draw something which is clearly starting and finishing on the relevant faces it tells me that the model does not sit on the faces.

Am I missing something or is this buggy?

beegee
2004-12-01, 11:56 PM
Are you talking about editing cut profile of a wall being cut by a split section ?

I ran a test - and it seems OK to me.

Can you provide some more specific detail ?

PeterJ
2004-12-02, 12:32 AM
It is behaviour that occurs in a project brought through from 6.1. It seems to be an issue in walls which are not perpendicular to the line of the section and possibly only in walls that are in the offset part of the section rather than on the original line of the section. It also appears to happen to floors and roofs.

luigi
2004-12-31, 12:22 AM
Ok, here is an official bug, as official as a guy like me can make it.
Splitting sections are a great addition to the software. When you cut a section it is originally straight, then you can split it and move a segment to either one direction or the other. Let's call the original section cut location A-A, let's call the splitting section segment B-B (A-A and B-B are the same section cut, just split). All is still great.
Let's say we look at the section, and it is accurate, and we want to edit the cut profile. Hmm, editing the cut profile on A-A works as the earliest Revit user remembers. Editing the cut profile on B-B doesn't work because it isn't on the same plane of A-A (those familiar with this problem in editing cut profiles in floor plans and later changing the range of the cut plan will simpathize [spell check didn't work ;s] a bit)

Ok, this is a Bug for sure, but if somebody is understanding the situation and has some indepth experience with Revit (the insides and outs) would you suggest a possible workaround? I know that I can draw lines and make some lines of the model invisible, etc. But was just wondering if there is a way to use the great "edit cut profile" tool. I tried, once activated the command, to try to choose the work plane to the location of the section cut but failed to make that location my work plane.

I give people 'till next year to give me an answer!!!! :lol: If no answer that means "tuff" luck until a future release!!!!

Peace,

P.S.
Paolo, se leggi questo messagio, scusa se non ti ho risposto, ma la vita e' diventata piu' spericolata!!!

beegee
2005-01-01, 01:41 AM
Luigi,

Yes, its buggy.

The only work-around I can come up with ( other than drafting the profile ) is to cut another section where the stagger occurs and place this over the staggered section on a sheet view. And that, of course, negates the whole point of the staggered section anyway.